Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fine Turkish Cuisine in New City!

    Yesterday afternoon I had a few hours before my boyfriend had to go into work so, we decided to cruise around to try and find something different.  We did! A new Turkish restaurant in New City.  I recommend trying this place if you truly enjoy lamb and if you enjoy the simplicity of food.  Their recipes included whole grains like bulgar something I usually only see in health food stores.  We enjoyed our appetizer which was basically grilled eggplant, tomatoes and green peppers smothered with yogurt.  The lunch specials are great for the price.  Just 11.95 for a meal with an appetizer.  I ordered the stuffed cabbage with ground lamb meat and a very light red sauce.  My boyfriend enjoyed his lamb cubes served with bulgar wheat and a small salad.  For our appetizers I had a puree of lentil soup and Anthony had a refreshing salad of nicely chopped tomatoes and cucumbers that was such a refreshing dish so simple yet delicious.  I really appreciate food like that.  The restaurant is called Ephendi and is located at 191 S. Mai Street in New City there is no website but their phone # is (845) 708 5752.  I will quote my boyfriend as best as I can " You know your in an authentic restaurant when the English on the menu is terrible"  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment